THE PARISH CHURCH OF ST JOHN THE EVANGELIST SIDCUP
Administration and Finance Manager
The parish of St John the Evangelist Sidcup has enjoyed considerable growth post-covid both in terms of people attending worship and in outreach.
St John’s is a church for everyone – all are welcome. The successful candidate will need to support the church’s mission and vision, and in particular our position as an Inclusive Church
The parish now needs a person skilled in administration and with financial acumen to help with increasing administrative requirements. The Admin and Finance Manager will report to the Vicar and work with the Vicar, Treasurer and Churchwardens. The main duties include:
· Church administration including maintaining ministry and church rotas, church diary, preparing paperwork for baptisms, weddings & funerals, prayer lists, key holder lists, printing service booklets etc.
· Oversight of church bookings keeping an up-to-date record and ensuring all interested parties are kept informed.
· Completion of entries into the digital bookkeeping system ensuring that it is kept current.
· As directed by the Treasurer, liaise with appointed accountants to provide information for the drafting of annual accounts.
· Act as approver for online banking payments.
· Maintain a file of church policies and regulatory requirements including GDPR, job descriptions, safeguarding, recruitment etc.
· Oversee the log of risk assessments ensuring, with the Churchwardens and Vicar, that they are completed in a timely way.
· Other administrative needs that may arise from time to time.
Salary and Start Date
The post is likely to be for 8-10 hours per week and £12-15.00 per hour. Flexible working is available.
The position is available immediately. Closing date for applications is 20th November 2023.
Please send you CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org